WestJet is committed to delivering the best-in-class digital experiences for our guests. The Digital Testing & Optimization Analyst will be responsible for planning and delivering A|B Testing and Personalization initiatives across WestJet’s broad array of digital products and cross-journey experiences. This role will use the power of testing, data, and actionable insights, to optimize products and enhance our guest experience.
Embracing the guiding principles we have, such as, fail fast learn fast, and focus on what matters (to name a couple), you will collaborate closely with peers on our Optimization (and greater Digital Intelligence) teams and an assortment of stakeholders to test, analyze and communicate the effectiveness of digital enhancements and launches; continually working cross-functionally with product owners and managers, commercial team stakeholders, and other insights teams to ultimately provide recommendations from holistic data-driven insights.
- Highlight tagging and new measurement requirements needed to enable A|B Testing initiatives and use cases that may otherwise not be possible (continually working in close collaboration with members of our digital analytics and data collection/implementation teams).
- Partner and collaborate with peers in Digital, Guest Experience and IT as necessary to leverage multiple data sources for enhanced audience segmentation purposes, to be applied in testing and personalization use cases.
- Be a subject matter expert for A|B and Multivariate Testing and help drive increased growth and adoption of activities across digital products and experiences.
- Collaborate with teams on ideation, creation, development, implementation, analysis and recommendations for all A|B testing and personalization initiatives.
- Publish A|B test learnings & results on WestJet’s intranet.
- Develop effective presentations that translate findings/results in a clear concise manner
- Test, analyze and communicate the effectiveness of new product launches, site changes, enhancements, and marketing initiatives, during and following optimization initiatives.
- Provide test-driven recommendations from actionable trends and insights to Marketing, Product, and Design teams.
- Help integrate & scale testing and optimization within all our core digital products as a standard practice and participate in the process of maturing it within teams (seeking high maturity and value from the practice by making testing/optimization truly core to achieving the strategic vision and goals of our Guest Experience team as a whole).
- Working knowledge of a behavior analytics platform such as Hotjar/content square.
- Ability to translate, communicate, and distil metrics into a digestible, actionable optimization framework.
- Deep understanding of web optimization concepts, terms & digital metrics.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. Identifies what needs to be done and has a bias towards action.
- Other capabilities that are desirable include:
- Detail orientated while keeping sight of bigger picture/trends.
Qualification & Experience:
- French language (written and spoken).
- Experience in the aviation / travel industry.
- Degree / diploma in business or mathematics, or other related combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Previous project management or coordination experience.
- Experience in Marketing, Customer Behavior, Financial Analysis and Digital Analysis is an added benefit.
- Hands-on experience working with an A|B testing platform (e.g. Optimizely/Adobe Target) and an Analytics Platform (e.g. Adobe Analytics).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A