Safety Notice: To ensure candidate and employee safety, we are continuing with our virtual hiring and onboarding processes until further notice.
Vodafone UK IT is the intelligence, the platforms and tools that enable our products and services. Be part of the team that develops and runs our digital IT platforms, driving innovation in how we deliver to our customers and the rest of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Digital Technical Architecture team – owning the security assurance for all the digital systems and overseeing & remediating identified security risks and vulnerabilities. You’ll be responsible for leading the deployment of the necessary security measures to achieve this goal.
- You will regularly challenge upstream requirements, as well as design and development activities that deviate from our security guidelines, or the security assurance principles you’ve defined.
- You will establish yourself as the Champion of Security by Design within Digital Engineering, working collaboratively with the Cyber Security team, Technical & Solution
- Architects and Developers, supporting planned releases and major incidents, and providing guidance on security aspects.
- You will consistently provide support for security breaches by working with the team’s that own impacted services to assess the causes and identify remediations, and prepare reports to be shared with relevant colleagues, managers, and executives.
- You will define a roadmap for the deployment of security measure improvements that deliver clear business benefit, setting clear direction for next 2 years. The objective is to leverage planned technical upgrades, and system rationalisation as an opportunity to deliver continuous security improvements across the Digital Domain.
- You will be responsible for defining a clear and simple set security assurance principles for all solution designs and Digital Engineering systems by establishing the necessary review and sign-off processes to ensure that these principles are followed, and all digital deliverables are security compliant (using automation where possible).
- You will have knowledge and experience of working with web, mobile & RESTful API microservices application layers.
- You will have an appreciation / working knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies such as LEAN, Scrum & Kanban.
- You will have an appreciation / working knowledge of modern authentication (e.g. OpenID Connect, SAML 2 etc.) & authorisation standards (e.g. Oauth 2, API keys etc.).
- You will have a detailed understanding of the OWASP top 10, and extensive demonstrable experience applying common patterns to protect against these vulnerabilities.
- You will possess extensive demonstrable secure system design experience (for application, cloud infrastructure & networking layers).
- You will have knowledge and experience of working with systems and solutions deployed in a cloud environment, ideally AWS.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A