Uber is changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago, we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of cities everywhere. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage one of our existing core logistics tracks, and expand into new areas such as demand concentration. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll directly lead a cross-functional team of engineers and engineering managers across the backend and machine learning space. You’ll lead the platforms, products, and optimizations within the Delivery Logistics space with close interaction with data science and product.
- Lead, manage and grow a team of customer-focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team, and continuously improve software engineering practices
- Own the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Hire top performing engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with and across teams to design, build, and ship great experiences for our customers
- Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Strong people leadership skills including growing and mentoring your team members
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with full lifecycle of software development from requirements and design through to development, testing, deployment, and support
- 3+ years of experience directly managing high-performing engineering teams
- Experience evolving and communicating a strong vision/roadmap for your team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A