Website Marriott International
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection. The Phoenician, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale located at 6000 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 is currently hiring a Senior Assistant Director of Finance & Accounti
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the accounting office and assists the property Director of Finance and Accounting in providing financial leadership to the business.
- Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
- Assists with capital expenditure plans (Return On Investment Analysis), owner relations and owner reporting.
- Creates a working environment that enables the retention of top talent and where individuals perform at their best.
- Encourages open dialogue between team members.
- Assigns team members and other department managers clear accountability to accomplish goals.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- • Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the management team and to lead own team.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and
- manage business risks.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Generates and reviews financial reports that are linked to the plan’s financial goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, US
Application Deadline: N/A