Website Public Affairs Council
This position will lead the strategic development and management of the user experience and content for APTA’s digital platforms including multiple websites, email platform, social media, and other digital content (video, podcasts, etc.). In addition to the specific duties, will also serve as a member of the Member Experience unit which implements efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Brand Strategy and Communications department.
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms and documents ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required information.
- Supports the Member Experience team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepares in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Works across the organization to manage and implement website content updates and ongoing content management. Responsibilities include scheduling, formatting, and sending emails to appropriate target audiences; guiding ongoing social and digital content; and reviewing and responding to performance analytics. Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Brand Strategy and Communications department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s membership strategy and people strategy.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Strong experience with Website, email, analytics, and social media platforms, ideally including Optimizely (formerly Episerver), Informz (a HigherLogic platform), and Google Analytics required.
- Essential skills to include a strong understanding of HTML, CSS, and user experience best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strong eye for quality and detail.
- Understanding of analytics and performance metrics.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Undergraduate degree in English, communications, or related field or equivalent related experience.
Company: Public Affairs Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A