Website Internal Revenue Service
Positions under this announcement are being filled using a Direct Hire Authority (DHA)and Recruitment Incentive is authorized for eligible, highly-qualified applicants. For information on the Recruitment Incentive please reference the Additional Information section of this announcement
- Develops, reviews, and analyzes best practice guides for use throughout IRS by other systems analysis specialists. Ensures policies and procedures are up-to-date, comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other binding standards by meeting or exceeding senior leadership expectations for the resilience of agency systems and data, and that any changes consider the impact on users of these systems.
- Oversees and manages all five phases of project management lifecycle for IRS organizations. Leverages organizational indicators to anticipate, prevent, or resolve large-scale technical problems. Looks across business units or IT divisions and directly engages in removing obstacles and overcoming challenges. Recognizes potential impacts and implications of decisions on the entire organization.
- Develops new concepts, procedures, and methodology in systems analysis while advising other IT experts throughout the IRS, Treasury, and in other agencies, to develop the overall program area and to identify mission-related work and/or how it may impact other IT initiatives. Oversees and manages the identification and correction of weaknesses in critical performance parameters and variances in achieving cost, schedule and performance goals while aligning with and supporting the risk posture of the enterprise.
- Actively assists in the strategic planning and direction of long-term and short-term goals and objectives of IRS IT Strategy and Planning. Supports oversight related to internal and external assessments of the IRS. This includes oversight of strategic evaluations and audits that assess IT management capabilities.
- Tracks project schedules, resources, and scope to ensure successful completion of projects. Maintains project risk registers to identify, mitigate, and manage project risk. Integrates organizational input and documentation in developing the IT Plans and revises and maintains plans as required.
- Represents the Service on interagency work groups established to develop governmentwide IT systems analysis initiatives and solutions to critical issues; negotiating for the acceptance of agency positions on key governmentwide systems analysis initiatives; developing guidelines for implementing broad governmentwide directives; and aligning agency internal business practices with governmentwide regulations and policies.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A