Website American Airlines
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- Will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- As may apply to work assignment, climbs on ladders, bins, etc., drives or guides powered equipment such as industrial tractors with or without a trailer, fork lift, truck or other Company motorized vehicles in the movement of parts, equipment, tooling, uses hand tools such as but not limited to, power saw, hammer, crow bar, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, where not in conflict with facilities maintenance work; uses industrial scales, uses cleaning equipment such as broom, dust cloth, dust pan, and rags, will use any tools and equipment including automated systems.
- The pickup and delivery of parts and materials to designated locations, the driving of motor vehicles and the operation of Stores equipment.
- Delivery, transfer, preparing for shipment and receipt of AOG and OTS parts. Receiving and preparing for shipment of parts and materials, including Hazardous Materials.
- Keeps work and adjacent areas clear. Stores items according to Company, fire, safety, and “good housekeeping” regulations and practices.
- Cleans and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition and presentable and reports need for repairs.
- The work of the Material Logistics Specialist classification, depending upon assignment, requisitioning, receiving, storing, stock chasing, disbursing, transferring, counts, kitting, checking, inspecting, exchanging, returning to factory, issuing, shipping, delivering, rearranging stock, non-inventory supplies/stock, equipment, supplies, inventorying, warehousing of supplies, including tools and materials utilized within the Tech Ops department.
- Maintains inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition.
- Identifying items; lifting, carrying, binning, and pulling items from stock; loading, unloading, packing and unpacking items; and related physical work.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to use basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Read and write legibly to complete forms and/or acknowledge messages, as well as identify Company part numbers, invoice, bill of lading, and shipper numbers, as required.
- Successful completion of all required qualifying tests; including hazardous material handling.
- Expected to meet all qualifications as designated in the Material Process Specification Manual (MPSM) and satisfactorily demonstrate qualifications by successfully completing the applicable test(s) prior to the expiration of the probationary period.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Applicants must have either successfully completed two years (equivalent) of college or have received a certificate from an acceptable trade/technical school or must have twelve (12) or more months of acceptable experience in a general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping and binning material by parts and serial number.
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A