We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
- Management of contractors.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate required knowledge on all Material Handling Equipment in the building.
- Management of escalations to specialist subcontractors where required.
- Carry out compliance tasks in line with country legislation that do not require specialist intervention.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- On-site support and responsibility for management and escalation of high severity tickets.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Management of critical spare parts inventory utilizing CMMS system (EAM).
- Carry out scheduled/ad hoc audits using online tools (iAuditor, EAM).
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Control and management of cleaning and waste companies.
- Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience in fault finding on building equipment i.e HVAC, Dock Doors, plumbing and general building maintenance tasks.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A